Ep 151 A GENUINE FORGER with comedian Scott Simpson On episode 151 Paco and George talk with comedian and podcaster Scott Simpson. We recap the documentary A Genuine Forger that profiles Guy Ribes, one of…
Sup Doc – The Documentary Podcast Recapping Reality Since 2015 Ep 150 MARWENCOL Episode 150! We’re commemorating by taking a look back at one of our favorite documentaries, the 2010 Jeff Malmstein documentary Marwencol. Mark Hogancamp,…
On episode 149 of Sup Doc we are recapping the classic 2008 documentary Anvil: The Story of Anvil directed by Sacha Gervasi who was a teenage fan and Anvil roadie. This doc is tragic, brilliant and hilarious and is as close to the real life Spinal Tap as possible
Put together a failed actor, the Alaskan wilderness, wild grizzly bears, and Werner Herzog and what do you get? A brutal classic.
On episode 147 hosts Paco and George take a look back at Michael Moore’s classic 1989 documentary Roger and Me. Foundational to modern American documentary, this is a biting, vital, and angry film that is sadly still relevant today.
Ep 146 JEFFREY EPSTEIN: FILTHY RICH w comedian Haley Hoffmeister
- June 8, 2020
- Tagged as: Alan Dershowitz, Alex Acosta, assault, Bad Teeth, Bill Clinton, comedians, Courtney Wild, documentary, Filthy Rich, Florida, George Chen, Ghislaine Maxwell, Haley Hoffmeister, James Patterson, Jeffrey Epstein, Journalists, Lisa Bryant, netflix, New Mexico, Paco Romane, PizzaGate, Ponzi Scheme, Prostitution, Pyramid Scheme, Rape, sex, Trigger Warning, true crime, Vanity Fair, Victims, Woody Allen
Sup Doc The Premier Documentary Podcast This episode we watched Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich a four-part Netflix docuseries directed by Lisa Bryant. Based on James Patterson’s 2016 book, Filthy Rich takes a look at the…
145 FAT with comedian/physician Priyanka Wali
- May 25, 2020
- Tagged as: Amazon, Amputation, comedian, Diet, Doctor, documentary, Dr. Drew Pinsky, Esquerita, Exercise, Fat, food documentary, George Chen, Greed, healthy, Honey and Pearl, hypochondriactor, Keto, Keto Diet, Ketosis, medical, Oprah, Paco Romane, Paleo, Physician, PreExisting Condition, Priyanka Wali, Rooster T. Feathers, Trainer, UCLA, Vegan, Vegetarian, Vinnie Tortoich, Weight, Weight Loss
Sup Doc Podcast! Recapping Documentaries Since 2015 145 FAT with comedian/physician Priyanka Wali To conclude our Munchie May series on food documentaries we watched FAT a documentary by Peter Curtis Pardini (2019). Trainer-to-the-stars Vinnie Tortorich…
Ep 144 CITY OF GOLD with Director Laura Gabbert
Sup Doc – Recapping Documentaries Since 2015 Ep 144 CITY OF GOLD with Director Laura Gabbert We roll on with our fifth anniversary and Munchie May, our food documentary theme month. Our guest is the…
Ep 143 GARLIC IS AS GOOD AS TEN MOTHERS w Richard Parks III This is our Munchie Mayseries on food documentaries. We watched Les Blank’s 1980 classic film Garlic Is As Good As Ten Mothers…
Ep 142 NOMA: MY PERFECT STORM with comedian Derek Sheen
- May 4, 2020
- Tagged as: Best Restaurant In The World, brian posehn, Brother Theodore, Copenhagen, Derek Sheen, Eduardo Moreno, food, George Chen, Macho Caballero, mafia, May, Munchie, My Perfect Storm, Noma, Paco Romane, Patton Oswalt, pretzel, Rene Redzepi, Squabisch, Stand Up Records, State Bird Provisions, Uli Elser
Ep 142 NOMA: MY PERFECT STORM with comedian Derek Sheen Today marks a very special day for us! It’s our 5 year anniversary! And to celebrate we’re talking food documentaries all month long for Munchie…
Ep 141 KID ICARUS with director Mike Ott
Ep 141 KID ICARUS with director Mike Ott In 2007 Mike Ott was starting his first teaching job as a film professor at a community college in Southern California. There he meets a bafflingly confident…
Sup Doc The Premier Podcast About Documentaries TIGER KING AND I (BONUS) Hello Tiger King fans! On this bonus episode the entire Sup Doc team (Paco, George and Will) gathers to do a follow up…
EP 140 OTHER MUSIC directors Puloma Basu and Rob Hatch-Miller
- April 13, 2020
- Tagged as: Benicio Del Toro, Cornelius, coronavirus, covid19, Eugene Jarecki, Factory25, Funny Or Die, Laura Poitras, Martin Gore, New York, Noah Baumbach, NYU, Oscilloscope, Other Music, Puloma Basu, quarantine, Record stores, Records, Regina Spektor, Rob Hatch-Miller, Syl Johnson, Tom Scharpling, Tunde Adebimpe, WFMU, William Basinski
Filmmakers Puloma Basu and Rob Hatch-Miller were the exact right couple to document the final days of beloved New York record shop Other Music.
How can we sum up the Joe Exotic/Carole Baskin story in one sentence when it took Netflix 7 episodes? So much straight up weirdness lurks in the heart of America- let Paco and George be your guides.
Sup Doc The Premier Documentary Podcast Ep 138 McMillions with hosts Paco Romane and George Chen On episode 138 of Sup Doc Paco and George recap the new multipart documentary series McMillions currently streaming on…
Ep 137 FEELS GOOD MAN director Arthur Jones & producer Giorgio Angelini
- March 2, 2020
- Tagged as: 4chan, Aiyana udesen, Alex Jones, alt right, anti defamation league, Arthur Jones, Charlottesville, director, documentary, editor, Emily Heller, George Chen, Giorgio Angelini, Hillary Clinton, infowars, interview, Lisa hanawalt, Matt Furie, meme, NEET, netflix, owned, Pepe, Pepe the frog, Sundance Film Festival, troll, Trump, white supremacists
On Ep 137 George interviews director Arthur Jones about his directorial debut Feels Good Man. They are joined by the film’s producer Giorgio Angelini to recount how indie cartoonist Matt Furie watches his beloved Pepe the frog character usurped by the Alt Right.
On Ep 136 host Paco Romane sits down with comedian Brooke Heinichen to recap and discuss the Netflix documentary Miss Americana.
Paco and George watched Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez on Netflix, directed by Geno McDermott.
Ep 134 DON’T FUCK WITH CATS with author Tara Jepsen
We had no idea that there was such a thing as “Rule Zero” of the Internet. It makes sense, especially because cute cat videos have been the best thing the Internet has brought us.
Ep 133 HIGH SCHOOL with Brian Miller
On episode 133 of Sup Doc host George Chen visits with musician Brian Miller, the head honcho of Deathbomb Arc. Brian’s favorite documentary, perhaps the only documentary he owns on DVD, is Frederick Wiseman’s 1968 High School.